Life After Teaching Workshop
This is a workshop for people who may be contemplating how they might flourish in a life after teaching.
Life After Teaching holds many opportunities to flourish – but how easy is it to step outside the classroom and launch yourself into a new field?
CareerWise has created a workshop especially for teachers contemplating a move away from teaching. Whether it is starting a business, finding a job that plays to your strengths, or heading towards something called ‘retirement’, the workshop is packed with useful information, stimulating discussion and practical ideas to help you explore different options and start planning your entry into the next exciting phase in your life.
The workshop includes:
- the myths and facts about aging and work
- knowing when, how and whether you should make the transition
- strategies to identify your strengths, and evaluate risks and opportunities
- creating a practical action plan
- resources and a workbookNo matter what your age and stage, knowing how to look towards the future and contemplate a life after teaching requires some creative thinking and strategic planning long before you make your next career move.This workshop is not set up to encourage you to leave teaching tomorrow. Rather, it is designed to expand your sphere of imagination and inspire you to wonder…
What could I be doing right now to help me plan for success in my inevitable transition from teaching later down the track?